Creative DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids: Becoming Tiny Turnip’s “Babes” or Fierce “TT-Rex”!
Halloween is a time of creativity and imagination, especially for children who love to transform into their favorite characters. If your little one is in search of a great costume and loves Tiny Turnip’s adorable “Babes” or fearsome “TT-Rex”, we have you covered with these simple yet fantastic DIY costume ideas!
- Baseball Cap with Flower:
- Start with a plain ball cap. You can choose any color!
- Attach a beautiful, oversized flower to the cap. You can use fabric glue or sew it in place to make sure it stays intact!
- Pink Tutu:
- Purchase or make a pink tutu. If you're feeling crafty, you can create one by attaching strips of tulle to an elastic waistband.
- Adjust the length to your child's preference and secure it in place.
- Skater Socks:
- Finish off the outfit with a pair of skater socks. Choose a color that complements the cap and tutu!
- Cardboard boxes (various sizes)
- Green, brown, and white paint
- Craft knife (to be used only by adults!)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Elastic cord or ribbon
- Create the Body:
- Find two cardboard boxes large enough to fit your child's torso. These will form the body of the “TT-Rex”.
- Cut armholes on the sides and a hole for the head at the top of one box.
- Design the Scales:
- Paint the boxes with a scaly texture using green, brown, and white paint. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Tail and Head:
- For the tail, use a long, narrow box. Attach it securely to the back of the larger box with hot glue.
- Create the head by cutting a smaller box into a dinosaur-shaped form. Paint it to match the body.
- Add Details:
- Use additional cardboard pieces to make arms, legs, and teeth. Attach these with hot glue.
- Attach Elastic Straps:
- Secure two straps inside the costume for your child to slip their arms through. This will help support the weight of the costume.
With a little creativity and some basic crafting supplies, your child can bring their Halloween costume dreams to life! Whether they choose to be the cutest “Babes” or the roaring “TT-Rex”, these DIY costumes are sure to impress. Plus, the memories created while making these outfits will be cherished for years to come. So, get ready to have a spooktacular Halloween!